1

#2

Tonight I made lemon chicken. It was a near disaster, but with the help of my roommates, I survived. The chicken is battered and fried, and I just don’t do frying very well. I didn’t know how to tell if the oil was hot enough, so I called my mom and she said to put a little water in it to tell if it was hot enough. So I put some water in a cup and poured a little bit into the pan. Unfortunately, I put more water in than I thought, and it was pretty explosive. Nothing that couldn’t be cleaned up though. I don’t think I cooked most of the chicken at the right temperature. Making the sauce wasn’t too big of a problem. Overall, I would say that it tasted pretty good, but not good enough for the work involved. Maybe I just didn’t make it correctly. I do know the chicken could’ve been better had I cooked it right, but I don’t know how much of a difference that would’ve made in the overall taste, since I didn’t cook the chicken completely wrong. Because we love each other, my roommates and I ate it for dinner. (We had brown rice, peas, bananas, and Creamies too…)
What was learned:
1. I now have about a 20% understanding of how to fry pieces of chicken.
2. Use a big pan when frying. I felt like the pan was way too full of oil, and I think a lot of the oil mess could’ve been avoided had I used a bigger pan.
3. I need to use a whisk that can reach the entire bottom of the pan.
4. Instant rice is nasty.
5. Creamies are the best.

1 comments:

Eldrey said...

Hmmm. All that work to figure out Creamies are the best?

Post a Comment